May 16, 2019
In this episode of Lean the F*ck Out, we talk with Susan Hyatt
about how you can take yourself further as a business owner by
defeating self-sabotage through self-love, body positivity, finding
what gives you pleasure, and quitting things that deprive you of
that pleasure. Susan shares tips and techniques from her own
experience and her new book BARE.
Defeating Self-Sabotage Episode Highlights:
- Stop obsessing with your body and revert our energy to what
really matters for our life.
- The “Invisible Workload” of women = Even if you are in a
‘equal’ partnership, women still carry the invisible workload that
doesn’t take any credit. The invisible workload is the emotional
heavy lifting we do to hold up our family and friends, and keep
- When you are not feeling good it’s hard to shift your mindset
away from self-sabotage.
- Environmental Detox = Paying attention to everything in your
environment that depletes your energy in some way. What do you need
to clean up here? Set boundaries and say no. Take power and time
back. This frees you up to focus more on yourself.
- Lack of willpower is not the reason you can’t make a change or
develop a new habit. You are distracted and exhausted by the
visible and invisible workload you carry.
- The antidote to the “more willpower,” “no pain no gain” is
women focusing on their pleasure.
- The Pleasure Principle = the human body is wired for pleasure,
if you deprive your body of pleasure and run on scarcity (like
through traditional dieting) you are acting counterintuitively to
your need for pleasure.
- You don’t have to deserve pleasure. Your body is wired for it.
Give yourself permission. From this you will help to overcome
- Do the environmental detox work to reduce self-sabotage.
- Envy is a good tap on the shoulder. Admiration is hijacked by
negative thinking. Envy is a sign of the pleasure you desire or are
depriving yourself of.
- Fuel yourself regularly throughout the day and allow yourself
some pleasure food.
- For every deprivation there is an equal and opposite
Susan Hyatt is a master certified life coach who has helped
thousands of women to transform their bodies and lives. She’s
the creator of the Bare Process, the Bare Deck, the Bare
Podcast, and an online community called Bare Daily. With her fiery
Facebook rants—including “Whoop Ass Wednesday,” where she
reads a fresh batch of hate mail from Internet trolls and
gives her sassiest response—Susan has gained an
international following of women who love her honesty, humor,
and fearlessness. Susan has been featured in Cosmopolitan,
Woman’s World, Seventeen, and O: The Oprah Magazine, and was a
Finalist for the Athena Award, honoring her work in the field of
You can find Susan online at:
BARE Website: letsgetbare.com
BARE Podcast (iTunes)
Rich Coach Club Podcast (iTunes)
Download the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle,
check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools
and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start
designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to
help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you
need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including
printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your
head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s
available at leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit.
Music: Sunshine by The