Feb 26, 2019
In this interview we talk with Tasha Booth about how she went
from touring musical theatre performer to CEO of her own business
support services business. Tasha shares some of the lessons she has
learned from the growth of her business, some amazing tips on how
to keep a virtual team motivated, and pointers on how solopreneurs
can recognize when it is time to hire support services to grow
Hiring Support Services to Grow Your Business Episode
- Being honest with yourself about what you are great at and not
so great at will help you understand how to best build your
- “Stay in your zone of genius.” - Tasha Booth
- As you grow, get to know what your best ‘type’ of client is for
your business and your work style.
- Making a virtual team work:
- Utilize a rigorous vetting system for new hires.
- Make sure new hires are critical thinkers that can work
- Try out tools like the Colby A to get to know each other’s work
- Host weekly team meetings, be sure to include non-work items
like shout outs/praises for fellow team members.
- Use Slack or other communications tools for ongoing
- Give as many thank yous as you can and remember what is
important to each of your team members (make this an intentional
part of on-boarding - favorite things: restaurants, foods,
- If you feel like you are working outside your zone of genius
more than in your zone of genius, it might be time to hire support
services to grow your business.
- If you are always procrastinating on specific tasks it might be
time to hire support services to grow your business.
- Even if you feel like you don’t have a ton of time to put into
their business, you can get started with just 30 minutes a
- Do one thing a week that pushes the needle forward on your
Tasha Booth is a podcaster, mentor, and Online Business Manager
for successful course creators and coaches.
She is the CEO of The Launch Guild - an Online Business
Management & Virtual Support Agency which supports coaches and
course creators with everything from podcast development to systems
creation, from daily business management to 6-figure launches.
Tasha also mentors virtual support pros (VAs & OBMs) who are
passionate and ready to grow their businesses while living life on
their own terms.
You can find Tasha online at:
How She Did That Podcast
Download the FREE Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit
If you are thinking about starting a business or side hustle,
check out our Lean the F*ck Out Launch Kit. The kit gives you tools
and inspiration to start thinking like a fempreneur and start
designing the life you want! You’ll receive a guided meditation to
help you figure out your vision, a budget worksheet to see what you
need financially to make a go of it, daily practices including
printable worksheets and daily affirmations to help you keep your
head up when your confidence is waning. Again, it’s free and it’s
available at leanthef-ckout.com/launchkit.
Music: Sunshine by The